The FortiGate 1100E series delivers high performance threat protection and SSL inspection for large enterprises and service providers, with the flexibility to be deployed at the enterprise/cloud edge, in the data center core or internal segments. The multiple high-speed interfaces, high port density, superior security efficacy and high throughput of the 1100E series keeps your network connected and secure.
2 x 10GE SFP+ slots, 16 x GE SFP Slots, 16 x GE RJ45 ports, 2 x GE RJ45 Management ports, SPU NP6 and CP8 hardware accelerated, 1 x 256GB SSD onboard storage, dual AC power supplies
Fortinet’s new, breakthrough SPU CP9 content processor works outside of the direct flow of traffic and accelerates the inspection of computationally intensive security features:
- Enhanced IPS performance with unique capability of full signature matching at ASIC
- SSL Inspection capabilities based on the latest industry mandated cipher suites
- Encryption and decryption offloading
Fortinet’s new, breakthrough SPU NP6 network processor works inline with FortiOS functions delivering:
- Superior firewall performance for IPv4/IPv6, SCTP and multicast traffic with ultra-low latency down to 2 microseconds
- VPN, CAPWAP and IP tunnel acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation
- Traffic shaping and priority queuing
High Speed Connectivity
High speed connectivity is essential for network security segmentation at the core of data networks. The FortiGate 1100E series provides 40 GE and 25 GE interfaces, simplifying network designs without relying on additional devices to bridge desired connectivity.